EC Innovations (ECI) is one of the fastest growing and dynamic translation companies which is ranked as one of the top 40 Language Service Providers (LSPs) in the world. With the Global Content Transformation and Localization industry continuing its growth in 2021 (an estimated market value of USD 56 billion), we are expanding! We are looking for a Business Development Manager (Japanese Speaking) to join our family and extend our presence in the Gaming/ Automotive/Electronics domain for Japan market.
We are looking for someone with a global outlook, a go-getter, robust, resilient and a team player. The Business Development Manager is a key growth role for ECI’s business in the assigned territory. The sales expert will be responsible for developing a new client acquisition strategy, pursuing and winning new business, and for developing longer-term strategic relationships in the respective market.
The Business Development Manager will be part of a vibrant sales team and is responsible for revenue growth and account management and will report directly to Managing Director, who is based in our Singapore headquarters.
- Grow revenue and meet/exceed annual sales quota. It will also be your primary responsibility to build a pipeline of prospective clients through various activities including desk bound research, cold calling (we have a strong CRM team to support your success), attending events, networking, etc.
- Identify and to methodically qualify opportunities, along with driving for closure through the various sales stages.
- Possess strategic mindset to understand and uncover the client’s business challenges through consultative process and recommend relevant solutions to help client address those challenges.
- Proficient in articulating the company’s capabilities, strengths, and differentiators in the context of a customer’s requirements/ challenge.
- Work closely with internal solution architects, project managers and operations leads to define the most appropriate solution and commercial package for the client.
- Manage your client relationships intimately, to build credibility, ensure retention, and identify upsell opportunities.
- Prepare proposals and negotiating commercial and contractual arrangements with client.
- Develop and implement territory plan through comprehensive market and competitive analysis.
- Develop and own sales pipeline, manage opportunities, and provide regular update on opportunity status and sales forecast.
- Bachelor’s degree in Language, Business, Marketing, or any relevant discipline
- 5+ years of sales experience, preferably those with Language Services or Market Research background
- Strong experience in business development and portfolio management in Gaming/Automotive/Electronics domain
- You speak fluent Japanese in order to communicate with Japanese colleagues and clients
- Strong communication skills and IT fluency
- Ability to manage complex project requirements and multi-task
- Excellent organizational skills
- A self-starter with ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
What’s on offer?
- Fantastic work culture
- Excellent career progression
- Competitive Remuneration Package
- A role that offers many learning opportunities
- Competitive employee welfare benefit plans
For 24 year, EC Innovations has been empowering communications for many leading multinationals. We are one of the fastest growing and dynamic translation companies, ranked as one of the top 50 LSPs in the world. Our specializations include customized Hybrid Models, Technology Solutions to fit any budget and subject matter expertise for most industry verticals. Today, EC Innovations has grown into 3 regional headquarters, (Singapore, Budapest and Chicago) and total of 8 strategic global offices, employing over 5,000 linguists to offer full localization support into 130+ languages and 260 locales.